For our kids program, we made rain drop themed stain glass art! Even when the sun isn’t out, these fun see through stain glass rain drops are perfect decoration for a rainy day! This is a simple and fun DIY paper craft for kids!
First, cut the contact paper into 6×8 inch pieces. Then, cut the tissue paper strips into small squares. Have these ready for the activity!
- Have the kids color their rain drop template and then cut it out.
- Cut out the center of your rain drop template (NOTE: younger kids will need assistance with this step).
- Put a piece of contact paper on one side of the rain drop cut out.
- Cover the sticky side of the contact paper with bits of tissue paper or streamers, these are transparent enough to act as “stained glass”.
- Place a second piece of contact paper on the other side of the rain drop (on top of the tissue paper) to seal your stained-glass rain drop!
Note: We gave the kids old gift cards to use to spread out the air bubbles in the contact paper
Optional: Add a hole punch and a piece of ribbon at the top to hang your stain glass art!
About the Author:
My name is Savannah Syke, my whole life I have loved making creative and colorful projects and spending time with children. I have been running the childcare center (Kids Stuff) at the Emma B Howe Family YMCA for 4 years now. Our mission statement and principles at the Y are creating responsible, honest and creative kids, and these are the values I like to have my programs reflect and represent. I run a program called Kid’s Stuff for ages 6 weeks to 10 years old, Big Kid’s Stuff for children over 5 years old, and Parent’s Night Out.