October is the Month of the Holy Rosary. Rosary Bead crafts are great inspirational activities for Sunday School, Bible School, or any other religious event for kids.
You can use beads separately or a kit that comes with materials you need. Our Ivory & Blue Rosary Bead Kit comes with materials for 6 Rosaries. Teach students the meaning of the Rosary to go along with your daily lesson. The kits come with picture instructions, and here are written instructions you can follow too.
- Cut a 36″ piece of the tan string provided in the kit.
- Thread the string though the opening in the pink cross
- Tie a knot to keep the cross into place. The knot is shown in the picture that comes with the kit.
- Now you will thread BOTH ends of the string into the first 5 beads. To follow the one shown in the photo, use a blue bead first, followed by 3 ivory beads, then another blue bead.
- Now tie another knot to keep the 5 beads in place.
- For the next step you can choose to just continue to thread beads on each string, using this pattern twice on both sides: 10 ivory, 1 blue. Or, you can tie 2 knots on both sides to leave a space with no beads, and then continue to thread the beads. It’s up to you how you want your Rosary to look.
- After that last blue bead, thread 5 more ivory beads on each side.
- Tie the ends of the string together, and cut the excess.
Now that you’ve created your Rosary craft, let us know what lesson plan you used it with!