As we head into the second half of the 2017-2018 school year, we thought we would share our most popular Physical Education blog posts of 2017. Many of these activities and ideas are submitted by your colleagues and fellow PE Teachers. We are so grateful for the PE community and their passion and engagement in sharing and learning from one another.
Here are the Top 10 Most Popular Physical Education Blog Posts of 2017!
- Four Square Hoola Hoop PE Activity – a simple fitness activity using hula hoops and beanbags
- Tic Tac Toe Relay – promote exercise in a fun and creative way with this popular relay activity
- Field Day Activities for Team Building – 12 activity ideas for your Field Day event! Plus get free printable downloads with even more ideas.
- Ninja Warrior Obstacle Course for PE – inspired by the televison show American Ninja Warrior – great PE activity for grades K-6
- Physical Education Lessons Using Pool Noodles – 5 ways to use pool noodles in your PE lessons
- Castle Crushers PE Throwing Activity– a target throwing activity combined with team game elements and partner collaboration
- Jumbo Games Unit for PE – spice up your PE lessons with these 3 jumbo game ideas
- 10 Basketball Lesson Ideas from PE Central– teach students some basketball basics, like how to dribble and proper techniques for chest or bounce passes
- The Technology Revolution in Physical Education – learn how technology can improve your PE lessons, and tips on which apps to use
- Family Fitness Night for Physical Education – encourage families to to participate in PE activities together with these 4 ideas
Is your favorite activity on the list? Let us know what your favorite activities were for 2017 in the comments below!