As the trick-or-treaters are getting dressed up in their costumes and ready to gather candy and other treats, we start to look ahead to the next fall holiday, Thanksgiving. Add some creativity to your festivities with these fun fall crafts, decorations and activities without breaking the bank. Check out our favorite Fall and Thanksgiving themed crafts and activities.
1. Looking for a handmade centerpiece that is also a fun craft activity? This unfinished wooden turkey is ready to be decorated with your holiday message. It comes in a pack of 6, so you can gather everyone into small groups and have them work together to paint the turkey and write what they are thankful for. The finished projects make great place settings!
2. Another unique place setting idea is the Tom and Tina Turkey craft kit. The pre-printed construction paper makes this a simple craft for all ages. The pack includes cones, wiggly eyes, construction paper, glue, paint, felt, foam brushes, and instructions. There are supplies to make 24, enough for your entire group!
Pinecone Owls & Turkeys
3. Use pinecones and pieces of felt or foam sheets to create cute pine cone animals like the owls featured below. Then add wiggly eyes too! Or make handprint turkeys in your classroom with pine cone bodies using fall colored construction paper.
4. Our Color-Me™ Ceramic Owl Banks are sure to be a hoot this Fall! This is a fun activity for the whole family to enjoy. Parents can teach kids the importance of saving while they color their owls. Adults can have fun painting them too, and use them as a Thanksgiving and Fall decoration.
Thanksgiving Coloring Placemats
5. Looking for a way to keep your young guests busy during the celebration? Or want to add an extra special touch to your dinner table? These Thanksgiving coloring placemats are a must. Some of our customers have loved their creations so much they then laminate them for continuous use.
Color Diffusing Leaves
6. A fun fall craft that can be used for decoration is this color diffusing leaves kit. Made of paper with a special texture that draws colors in and blends them into interesting patterns and swirls, this kit includes 50 each of 4 styles of leaves. Perfect for use with our Color Splash!® Liquid Watercolor. It is a fascinating way to experiment with color blending and easy to clean when complete.
7. Another fall option is our wooden leaves craft kit which includes markers and ribbons. There are so many fun ways you can decorate these and display them for a Fall or Thanksgiving decoration. Your group can color the leaves with the markers included, then add beads and jute string to make necklaces or string them all together for one long decoration. Click here for a DIY tutorial. You can also coat them first with Tempera paint and ask guests to write (with a sharpie marker) what they are thankful for.
Faux Maple Leaves
9. Looking for a simple centerpiece for your holiday table? Try faux maple leaves in a clear glass vase. You can also use these leaves or our printed leaves to make a fall wreath, or paint them with gold or glitter to add an even more crafty look. View the examples below, plus find more on Pinterest!
8. Thanksgiving also would not be complete without some bright, fall colored decorations. Our new Thanksgiving Mega Pack comes with 30 double sized laminate paper cutouts – autumn leaves, turkeys, pumpkins, cornstalks, and banners. Add our Fall Blessings Hanging Sign featuring glitter leaves and acorns for a festive look. Then set the table with Seating Place Cards, which feature a blank area on one side for you to write the name of your guest, and the other side is pre-printed with the phrase I’m Thankful for…” where the guest can write their personal sentiment.
View our entire selection of Fall & Thanksgiving crafts, activities, and decorations.
How do you get in the holiday spirit and what are some of your simple ways to decorate for fall? Share your creative ideas and traditions in the comment area below.