It is officially time for Back to School! Even if you are not teaching from a classroom or at an organization, you can still share activities for kids to do at home, or do together virtually! Download and print our daily holidays and observances calendar to helped with ideas and themed activities! See the link below for our September 2021 Calendar.
Refer to the calendar when you need inspiration, whether you are planning activities for the entire month for each holiday, or you need last minute ideas. Be sure to visit our Daily Holidays page to find related items that can help you celebrate each observance.
How to Use the Calendar For Your Program
We have listed the daily holidays or observances that fall on each day of the month. Some days have multiple holidays, so you can choose to focus on just one or plan an activity for each one.
For example, September 12th is National Video Games Day. Plan a few activities that relate to kids’ favorite video games, like Fortnite, Frogger, and Pacman. National Day of Encouragement falls on the same day, so make sure you share that with students and motivate them to encourage one another and show good sportsmanship.
You may choose to use the calendar to plan your activities each month and develop themes around each of the days or a combination of days.
The 1st week in September (into the following week) includes several observances that allow your group to play and get active. Plan a Game Week, where you set up activities and games that go along with each holiday.
- American Chesss Day (9/1) -teach your group how to play the classic game of chess
- U.S. Bowling League Day (9/3) – try out our new favorite interactive bowling game
- National Wildlife Day (9/4) – kids can play and learn with this Animal Planet™ Matching Game
- National Cheese Pizza Day (9/5) – a jumbo inflatable Pizza Toss game makes a fun brain break
- National Tailgating Day (9/4) – find even more fun tailgating and toss games on our blog.
- Great Egg Toss Day (9/6) – toss eggs in the air and try to catch them using this Egg and Spoon Toss pack.
- Labor Day (9/6)- set up this jumbo patriotic game of Tumbling Timbers
- NFL Season (9/9) – get kids active with a game of Flag Football
Activity Ideas Suggestions
On pages 2 & 3, you will find an activity suggestion for each holiday and observance under the Activity Ideas section.
If you see a URL under the Activity Ideas section, that means the observance is listed on our Daily Holidays page. Visit that link (PDF includes clickable links) to find products and items that would work great for an activity.
We’ve also shared some specific ideas as a guide. For example, September 25th is National Cooking Day. Learn how to start a Cooking Club as a fun theme for your classroom or program! We’ve shared some great tips and activity ideas on our blog.
Weekly & Monthly Observances
Our printable calendars also include weekly and monthly observances. For the month of September, there are several weekly and monthly observances. We have shared several links in the calendar download. Be sure to view the printable calendar for the entire list of weekly and monthly holidays.
- National Chicken Month
- Little League Month
- National Learning & Development Month
- World Alzheimer’s Month
- National Literacy Month
- National Yoga Month
We would love your feedback on how you plan to use the calendar for your program, and if you would like to see any changes in the template. Thanks everyone!