The STEM Multi-Sport Grades K-2 is a fun, new, and novel way to introduce motor skills, spatial awareness, and movement patterns to students in K-2. When applicable, we have aligned the lessons to NGSS, CCSS, and the National Standards for K-12 Physical Education making this curriculum great to use in the classroom. The modules break down the science aspects of basketball, football, golf, and soccer and provide varying levels of physical activity for the youth involved. They will think they are playing while learning about:
- The behavior of a soccer ball by determining which soccer drills increase and decrease the speed of the ball.
- Basketball shoes and the students will learn about the Engineering Design Process (EDP) by designing their very own shoes.
- Playing catch and finding the ideal distance between players using the Scientific Method.
- How the force of their golf swing relates to accuracy and precision using PGA-licensed ShortGolf® clubs.
- Hands-on learning through play is a big part of how all STEM Sports® curricula activities and lessons are applied, and none more than with the STEM Multi-Sport Grades K-2 kits, designed specifically for kindergartners, first and second-grade students.
The kit includes both the curriculum and all the fun and interesting equipment needed to use it, including (1) supplemental curriculum manual, six (6) 25.5-inch youth outdoor basketballs, six (6) pee-wee footballs, six (6) foam footballs, six (6) size 3 soccer balls, six (6) 6-inch playground balls, from PGA TOUR Tee-Up products: one (1) small-size iron, one (1) small-size putter, four (4) large targets and flagsticks, two (2) launchpads and eight (8) balls along with twenty-four (24) disc cones, six (6) digital stopwatches, six (6) 25-foot tape measures, one (1) weight scale, five (5) cut ball swatches – indoor, five (5) cut ball swatches – outdoor, five (5) calipers, one-hundred (100) latex balloons, three (3) balls bags, one (1) ball pump, and one (1) set of inflation needles.