Kids can make a doily santa decoration using a few simple craft materials! Use this as a fun group craft project or a one-on-one activity. To make this craft even easier, we have created a Free Printable Download with each shape. Place the color construction paper you need behind each shape and cut along the lines.
Recommended Ages: 4-7
1. Cut our your pieces
- Cut a circle out of oak tag paper for the face.
- Cut 3 small circles, for the nose and 2 rosy cheeks using red and pink construction paper.
- Cut 2 wavy shapes out of white construction paper for the mustache.
- Cut a hat out of red construction paper.
Tip: Pre-cut the pieces for young kids and lay them out in piles on a table for easy access.
2. Glue the pieces
- Glue two wiggly eyes, nose, cheeks, and mustache to the face (large circle)
- Glue the face to the center of the doily
- Glue the hat to the back of the doily (this should overlap)
- Glue the cotton ball to the end of the hat
3. Get creative!
- Kids can add eyebrows, draw silly eyes instead of using wiggly eyes, add more cotton balls for a beard, glitter or gems to the hat, and any other fun craft materials they’d like.
Now you can hang Santa up!
- Add a magnet to the back to hang it on the refrigerator
- Hole punch the top of the hat to hang it from a string for a cute decoration
- Glue Santa to a piece of paper for a background, then write Merry Christmas or use foam letters to spell it out!
Have kids write a letter to Santa after the craft activity to add to the holiday fun!