- Arts and Crafts Kits
- Arts and Crafts Supplies
- Breakroom Supplies
- Christian Activities
- Clearance Bargains
- Ed Supplies & Early Childhood
- Field Day
- Great New Products
- Health & Safety Solutions
- Office, Breakroom & Cleaning Supplies
- Overstock Discounts
- Party and Novelty
- S&S Easy Packs
- Special Needs
- Sports, PE & Recreation
- Therapy and Rehab
- Youth Character Development
P.E. Central Lesson Plan: Getting To Know You
Purpose of Activity:To help teachers get to know students names quickly. (Also a good way to assess throwing skills)
Suggested Grade Level:K-5
Materials Needed:Bean bags or ball that can be thrown and caught;
Lesson Plan:Description of Idea
Have students form a circle either in a standing or by sitting position. (For the younger students you may want to have them sit down so they can roll a ball to each other).
Give one student an object they can throw and catch (i.e., beanbag or yarnball). Have the student with the object state there first name and then they throw the object to a person of their choice. As the next person throws they say their name so everyone can hear it. After going through this a few times have the entire group say the name of the person that is catching the object.
This should allow the teacher (and the other students) a chance to get to know some of the students names. It should also allow teacher to see the catching and throwing skills of the students. Feel free to have a check list ready to record their throwing and catching skills.
1. Have the students say their name and the previous students names. Then maybe on the second time around the previous two names.
2. For the older students, they could throw and catch an object that may be a little harder to manipulate (i.e., a nerf football, or a basketball).
Author:Darci Starr. Posted on PEC: 10/7/2001.
This lesson plan was provided courtesy of P.E. Central (www.pecentral.org).
Products for This Lesson: