Fitness for Life: Elementary School is an award-winning multimedia package that facilitates total school involvement. Employs easy-to-follow, standards-based lessons, classroom activities and discussions, recess, before- and after-school activities, and even family nights to deliver appropriate physical activity as well as concepts to promote health-related fitness and active lifestyles. Teach essential health-related fitness, activity, nutrition and wellness concepts. Meet local and state requirements for daily and weekly physical activity. Enhance academic performance and help fight childhood obesity. Meet recommendations and standards from CDC, USDA and NASPE, among others.
The program includes:
• 4 full weeks of theme-based lessons featuring videos, activities, and music
• 7 classroom guides featuring 140 lesson plans and activities for grades K-6
• A physical education lesson plan book packed with activities and 32 lessons
• More than 16 hours of video content, including 140 physical activity routines (28 core routines with special wellness messages for each school day) and 4 schoolwide team activities
• A complete wellness coordinator's guide that includes assessment tools and resources for schoolwide special events
• A music CD to accompany the physical education lesson plans
• Hundreds of full-color reproducibles, including signs, newsletters and activity cards
Each Classroom Guide contains a bound-in DVD-ROM with the plug-and-play
activities for that grade, lesson plans and reproducibles.
The Physical Education Lesson Plans book includes 2 DVD-ROMs with all
the plug-and-play activities and instructional videos, a music CD to use
during lessons and a CD-ROM full of reproducible and lesson plans.
The Guide for Wellness Coordinators includes a DVD-ROM with the plans
for the Wellness Weeks, reproducibles and a program overview for