When first graders begin the work of getting smarter through text and verbalizing their understanding of fundamental concepts, give them opportunities to collaborate. This kit will strengthen essential CCSS skills, from reading with expression to determining the central message, or main idea, in a story.
All of the products were carefully chosen to help students:
• Compare and contrast topics within a story or between two different stories
• Use syllables and spelling patterns to identify multisyllable words
• Focus on a specific topic, use details and provide a sense of closure in writing
• Express opinions and use relevant facts while speaking to others
• Select appropriate verb tenses and use context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words
Includes Free Storage Bin!