There are several patriotic holidays and observances throughout the year that you can celebrate and recongize at your senior facility. Below are 6 patriotic symbols with activity ideas from notjustbingo.com for each.
Patriotic Holidays, Observances, & Days of Honor
- Memorial Day – May 28th
- D-Day – June 6th
- Flag Day – June 14th
- Armed Forces Day – June 30th
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Labor Day – September 3rd
- Veterans Day – November 11th
1. Uncle Sam
- Host an Uncle Sam Contest in which residents wear their red, white, and blue to dress like Uncle Sam. In fact, inspire your Activity Staff to wear their Uncle Sam attire for the event as well.
- Print out and pass around pictures of military recruitment posters for World War II.
- Reminisce about World War II rations and victory gardens that were implemented to help Uncle Sam win the war.