With the holidays right around the corner, we asked some of our associates with children what they were planning on purchasing for gift giving. This is one of a series of posts written by our employees on what they think the must-haves are for their children this year.
My daughter is a fun age for the holidays this year, she will be 4 in a few short months. So I am looking forward to the excitement and magic that the holiday season will bring her. Here are a few items that my wife and I have been considering purchasing to hide under the Christmas Tree this year.
- We are always looking for active games to play inside during the cold winter days. I think she (and I!) would enjoy this Popcorn Game. Maybe before one of our Friday Movie Nights.
- These beanbag animals would make adorable stocking stuffers. I think she would have fun playing with these inside or outside!
- My daughter comes home from school raving about how much fun she had playing with the parachute. My wife and I noticed the price of this parachute and decided it giftwas an easy decision! I think she would have fun with this with friends and family members.
- This Monster Bowling Set caught my eye, and I know she will have hours of enjoyment trying to knock down these fuzzy monsters. Once again she could play with this inside on cold days or outdoors in the spring and summer.
- I am not sure if this is on the list more for me or my daughter (it supports up to 250lbs) but there is something about a fun pogo jumper. This one I don’t have to worry about her getting hurt, as it has a soft foam base.
- I think I might give this gift to my daughter before the holidays. That way she can have fun making the winter frames to give to all her relatives and friends (pack of 24) for the holidays. I envision using some of her school pictures in the frame for grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc.
- I enjoyed my Mr. Potato Head when I was young, and I think my daughter would enjoy one as well. This is a fun kit that has lots of different options to make funny faces.
- My daughter doesn’t quite understand the concept of the game Don’t Break the Ice but she loves anything Disney themed, especially the movie Frozen! Plus she really enjoys knocking the ice blocks with the little toy hammer. The player who can keep Anna and Olaf from falling wins!
- After visiting a few farms for apple and pumpkin picking this fall, my daughter has really enjoyed learning more about the animals on the farm and farmers. I think this would be a fun gift for her to use to make believe she is a farmer.